Here's everything you need to have a mega-successful Walk.
Team Captain Checklist
- Find your nearest chapter
- Find out your chapter's next Walk date
- Find at least five people, including you, who will commit to walking
- Come up with a team name
- Sign up to register your team on the JDRF Walk Web site or with your local chapter. JDRF also asks that you set goals for how much your team will raise. The average walker raises $100, so you can use that as a starting point.
- Have each team member collect pledges and donations.
Raising Money Once you're registered, you can order materials from JDRF to support your team, including sponsor forms, buttons, balloons, and posters.
You'll also receive advice on how to launch a letter-writing campaign, which is the most effective way to raise money for the Walk. You and your teammates will write letters to family and friends that explain how important it is to find a cure for diabetes through research.
As the Walk day nears, you'll have more opportunities to boost your team spirit. You can design a team T-shirt, and JDRF sponsors a contest that awards prizes for originality and creativity. Your team members will also compete for prizes such as the "Golden Sneaker" award for team members who raise $500 or more.Who can walk on your team
- Family members
- Parents' co-workers